Ash of Gods Description
Ash of Gods is а multi-genre project that features most of the typical elements of a visual novel, tactical turn-based role-playing game and card strategy. This is a story based on the complexity and ambiguity of moral choice and unique rogue-like storytelling in which each of the characters can die. The character dies in case of the imprudent management of resources, in the result of lethal conflict after rude word, even a wound in battle may lead to death in a story mode. As in real life, it’s very hard to predict all the consequences of the choices you make. A momentary benefit may cost a character a life, while sacrifice will make the walkthrough of one of following episodes easier. All of this is closely intertwined with the combat system, which is mixed turn-based strategy and card RPG.
The first stone in the history of the project was laid in 2007 – it was the math of the combat system — hybrid of tactical RPGs and card games, and a big part of the story. Active stage of development was started in 2016, a prototype of Ash of Gods battle system was created in April 2016.
- Rogue-like storytelling. In Ash of Gods, You choose who will live and who must die. The team’s resources are tied to the resources of the combat party. So if you mindlessly rush forward, you will gradually lose your characters, including the major ones. But even the death of the party’s leader won’t lead to “game over”!
- Smart AI that constantly learns exactly how to defeat you. AI automatically adapts to your style of playing – you will never be able to invent “imba” tactics or find that “invincible” team build.
- Three independent protagonists. This world lives by its own rules while the actions of each of the major heroes affect the general flow of the plot, occurring in different parts of the world simultaneously. You have to choose which of the heroes will survive to the end of the game.
- Story created by author Sergey Malitsky. Amazing Russian writer, the author of 17 fantasy novels, 3 novelettes and more than 20 short stories, as well as the prize winner of the “Sword without a Name” and “Golden Caduceus” awards.
- A new approach to tactical strategies. A mix of turn-based strategy and card RPG, where the cards define your strategy and the characters’ classes define your tactics on the battle field.
- PVP and PVE multiplayer modes. Live through the story and conquer the world ratings with your characters in the multiplayer part of the game.
- Scrupulously hand-drawn graphics. The illustrations are in the manner of old-school Disney cartoons and the creations of the Soviet animation studio “Soyuzmultfilm” of the 60s. Character animation in combat scenes are based on live actors’ motion capture.
- Live orchestral music. The music of this project is the fruit of collaboration by these wonderful game composers: Adam Skorupa, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz and Michał Cielecki (who wrote the music for such projects as Max Pain, Painkiller, The Witcher and EVE Online).
Based in Moscow, Russia